â€śCreative industries are those industries that have their origin in individual creativity, skill, and talent, and have potential for job creation through the generation and exploitation of ideas or imagination. Using this broad definition, creative industries range from advertising and social media to the likes of agribusiness, design, and handicrafts. Creative industries provide a platform to support the sustained empowerment of women. In communities across the world, rich cultural value and traditional designs have been protected and nurtured by women through creative industries.â€ť
The rise of the creative industries presents significant opportunities for transforming womenÂ´s energy into new ideas, organisation and a future vision for societies. The sessions will address some of the critical policy approaches that are required to promote creative entrepreneurship among women and young women.
With this purpose, the Dialogue CafĂ© Association offer its network to address the challenges faced by women in terms of employment and opportunities for entrepreneurship within the creative sector and to reinforce networking opportunities.
Based on the main recommendations identified by international organisations such as UNCTAD, UNIDO and UNESCO, the Dialogue CafĂ© Network organises a session on womenÂ´s empowerment through creative industries focused on the following topics:
- WomenÂ´s participation in Creative Industries.
- Creative Young Women: sharing testimonials, needs and added value.
- Good practices, Partnerships and Networking.
The session will take place next Thursday 24 March from 15h00 to 16h30 London time connecting DCs in Ă‰vora, Lisbon, Novi Pazar and Rio de Janeiro.
Dialogue CafĂ© Lisbon (FundaĂ§ĂŁo Calouste Gulbenkian):
- Margarida Medina Martins, Vice-President of the Portuguese Platform for Women’s Rights
- Maria Isabel Mendes, Member of the Executive Commission of theÂ Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP) of the UN Global Compact Network Portugal
- Nilzete Pacheco, Representative of Ameixoeira Criativa
Dialogue CafĂ© Novi Pazar (Centar Duga):
- Misala ZukorliÄ‡, Cordinator in creative workskops for kids, ZVRK
- Daniela RogliÄ‡, Manager in fashion and event decoration studio ATELJE
- Benida Ä†oroviÄ‡, Creative Director in INKO-home art
- Irma Totic NokiÄ‡, Fashion designer
Dialogue CafĂ© Ă‰vora (ADRAL):Â
- Marta Matos, Association of Entrepreneurs of Coast Alentejo,Â AEEL
- Vanda Narciso and Maria Margarida Ricardo, EEE-Enterprise Europe Network
- Aurora Rodrigues and Ana Luisa Delgado, Portuguese Association of Women Jurists,Â APMJ
Other participants will join us in Dialogue CafĂ© Rio de Janeiro (UCAM University).
SIGN UP & JOIN US !
 “Building a Digital Economy: The importance of saving jobs in the EU’s creative industries”, TERA Consultants, March 2010.
 Commission Recommendation on the digitalization and online accessibility of cultural material and digital preservation, C(2011) 7579 final, 27.10.2011